Lucio Nerfs, Buffs and Changes, Mitigating draws in competitive matches, Everything from PTR Update 1.10
Let’s get patched up!
A new PTR patch note confirms that the Blizzard team have turned their attention to Lucio, as he receives the latest wave of stats tinkering. With the end of the PTR 1.09 development build and the beginning of 1.10, players with access to the PTR servers may notice that Lucio can now apply a bigger speed-boost, while his cross-fade ability has been toned down, here’s what the Blizzard developer team has to say about it:
“Lucio has often felt like a must-pick due to his raw healing output and the versatility of providing a speed bonus to your entire team. The goal of these changes is to keep those elements feeling strong, but making them harder to apply to everyone on your team at all times. The end result is that he should feel stronger with teams that he can stay close to but not as strong when on teams with heroes that are often spread out (such as Pharah, Widow, Genji, etc). Much of Lucio’s character power was tied up in his large passive auras, which caused other elements of his kit to be weakened over time in an attempt to balance him. Now that his auras are more focused it will allow them to be much stronger and allow Lucio to be more active in his role.”
While Lucio is the only Overwatch character to see a major tweak in this patch, Blizzard also focused on rebalancing different gameplay modes.
Draw matches in competitive games have been an issue before and are now being handled in the latest Overwatch PTR build, the Blizzard development team comments:
“To mitigate draws in Competitive Play, we’re implementing a system that tracks each team’s progress on the objective. This will work similarly to the system that’s already in place for Escort and Assault/Escort maps, which grants a win to the team that pushes the payload the furthest. Now, even if neither team successfully captures the objective, a winner can be determined based on which team captured the largest portion.”
One of the major changes noted in this patch is a change to the Eichenwalde map. Blizzard has added a new route which connects the attacking team’s spawn area to the capture point. This should satisfy players who’re having difficulty on capturing point A in Eichenwalde.
Here are the other major changes that can be found in the official Overwatch Patch Notes listed below:
Details about each hero’s unique backstory, along with information about some of their lore-inspired skins, have been added to the Hero Gallery
A tracking system has been added to Assault and Assault/Escort Maps that will allow us to break ties based on the progress that was made toward capturing the objective.
Custom Games and Game Browser
Custom Game settings can now be saved as a preset from the game’s details page Access by right-clicking on the map image from the Create Game page or right-clicking a game name from inside the Game Browser.
A new route has been added to Eichenwalde that connects the attacking team’s spawn area to the capture point.
- Sonic Amplifier
- Projectile speed increased from 40 to 50
- Alternate fire now considers vertical orientation when knocking targets bac
- Song’s area-of-effect radius decreased from 30 meters to 10 meters
- A temporary in-game visual has been added to illustrate this radius (it is only visible to Lúcio and his teammates)
- Heal Song
- Healing-per-second has been increased by 50% (also applies to Lúcio’s Amp It Up ability)
- Sound Barrier
- Radius decreased from 30 meters to 20 meters
- Wall Ride
- Movement speed increased by 30% when wall riding
- Lucio now receives a burst of speed when leaping off a wall
- Fixed a bug preventing achievements from being unlocked during off-season competitive matches
- Fixed an issue that prevented voice lines from being heard during the Play of the Game
- Fixed an issue that prevented voice lines from playing on Control maps
Custom Games and Game Browse
- Fixed an issue that allowed empty player slots to be displayed even when disabled (e.g. in 6v1 games)
- Fixed a bug preventing the pause feature from working properly after the original host has left the match
- Fixed a bug that allowed extremely long team names
- Ana no longer cocks her rifle after throwing a grenade
- The brightness on Bastion’s Golden gun has been toned down when the BlizzCon skin is equipped
- Fixed a bug causing Mei’s pinky to bend awkwardly in some poses with her Chang’e and Luna skins equipped
- Fixed a bug on Eichenwalde that allowed enemy player outlines to be seen through a pile of dirt at the castle gate
- Fixed an issue on Eichenwalde that allowed players to become trapped in the broken castle doors
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on King’s Row
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended areas on the Capture the Flag version of Lijiang Tower
- Fixed a bug that allowed Symmetra to hide turrets in unintended locations on Oasis