Sombra confirmed, will hit Overwatch’s Beta Test Realm next week.
This is not a drill people, this is not a drill.
Finally, after months of staying within ARGs and with Blizzard constantly delaying her obvious release, the newest character to Overwatch’s lineup, Sombra is officially unveiled and will be hitting the Public Beta Test Realm starting next week together with other new upcoming content.
Revealed today at Blizzcon 2016, Sombra’s skillset will follow the stealth theme with her central ability being able to affect the abilities of other players during a match, helping turn the tide of battle for either the best or the worst.
Sombra Character Information and Skillset
- One of the world’s most notorious hackers, Sombra uses information to manipulate those in power.
Long before she took up the alias “Sombra,” ░░░░░░ was among the thousands of children who were left orphaned in the aftermath of the Omnic Crisis. With much of her country’s infrastructure destroyed, she survived by utilizing her natural gifts with hacking and computers.
- Machine Pistol – Sombra’s fully-automatic machine pistol fires in a short-range spread.
- Hack – Sombra hacks enemies to temporarily stop them from using their abilities, or hacks first aid kits to make them useless to her opponents.
- Thermoptic Camo – Sombra becomes invisible for a short period of time, during which her speed is boosted considerably. Attacking, using offensive abilities, or taking damage disables her camouflage.
- Translocator – Sombra tosses out a translocator beacon. She can instantly return to the beacon’s location while it is active (including when it’s in mid-flight).
- EMP – Sombra discharges electromagnetic energy in a wide radius, destroying enemy barriers and shields and hacking all opponents caught in the blast.
In addition to Sombra, 2 new maps are also slated for Overwatch, the first one being Oasis, which is themed after a terraformed middle eastern location and the Antarctic Echo Point. An Arcade mode will also be part of Overwatch’s future content releases which will focus on 1-on-1 and 3-on-3 arena modes. Both Oasis and the Arcade mode will also be made available through the Public Beta Test Realm next week with the Echo Point map to follow by 2017.